Powered by RedCircle
This week may be someone you’ve listened to right here on the Podcast before, but if not, now is the time to get inspired by my special guest Brad Bizjack. If you want to make lasting changes in your life, but are finding that you are feeling stuck, this is an episode that’s going to help you bust through what’s holding you back and help you break through to the other side. Brad digs into human patterns and the steps it takes to go from one place to the next. It just takes a few mindset shifts to make all the difference, so make sure to tune in!
03:10 The Identity Pyramid
Most people try to change their life by changing individual things like their behavior, environment or skill level, but it needs to be much broader than that. You have to change all the pieces that make up your identity, and your identity is built off of what you believe yourself to be. All of these individual pieces act like the base of a pyramid with identity being the top point.
09:30 Climbing the Ladder
The human mind is interesting, because it would rather be in pain in certainty versus not in pain in uncertainty, which is basically a big reason why people tend to stay stuck in their situations. If you want to get unstuck, you have to identify where you currently are and work your way up “the ladder” in steps.
1. The victim mentality – this can be an easy place to stay and wallow in, but when you step away from it, it’s a big deal.
2. Identity Expansion – this is where you have an idea, but you just don’t know where to go with that idea. This is where you need to keep things rolling to keep moving forward.
3. Permission to Leap – once you feel confident in the direction of your idea, you may start looking outside of yourself for permission to keep going. You need to shake this off and have confidence in yourself.
15:18 Hitting the Sweet Spot
The final steps are where you really start to SEE the progress you’re making, but still need to assess where to go.
4. Achievement Tipping Point – this is where you’re near where you want to be, but oftentimes are overwhelmed and so stressed out that it causes issues. You need to work through this step to hit the final one.
5. The Fulfillment Tipping Point. This is the sweet spot of goals and where you want to be.
All of these steps require breaking through barriers that are preventing you from reaching the top or, in other words, where you want to be.
30:40 Defining Your Intentions to Create Lasting Change
Humans are all driven by very similar needs, but the difference in the outcome of people’s lives are based on the order in which these needs are prioritized. Ask yourself what need is driving you and what are you focusing on. Your intentions are going to determine where you are in your life. If you want to create change, you have to change your intentions and be willing to put yourself in uncertain situations in order to drive yourself forward.