Is anyone else’s favorite night PIZZA NIGHT?!
We splurge and have the real deal every so often, but decided to keep it a little bit cleaner tonight! This cauliflower crust pizza is the bomb! My kiddos love it and it’s a cinch to make! ENJOY!!
- 1 head of cauliflower – 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower per pizza (one head yields enough for 3
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- olive oil (optional)
- all natural pizza sauce
- your choice of toppings – my favorites are turkey pepperoni, black olives, any color bell peppers, cooked onions
- Take your head of cauliflower and remove the stem and leaves. Chop florets into chunks.
- Place chunks into a food processor or high end blender and pulse until the cauliflower looks like grain. Do not over mix, or it will puree. Cauliflower can be grated if you do not have a food processor. You will only actually be using one cup per pizza (this yields about 3), so you don’t have to chop it all if you aren’t prepared to make some extra crusts.
- Place riced cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. Do not add anything here!
Making the Pizza Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 450°, and spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together cauliflower, mozzarella cheese and egg. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir.
- Transfer mixture to the cookie sheet and press out to about a 9″ round. Now you can brush the surface with olive oil if you would like – for help with browning.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce and toppings, then with the cheese. Depending on the toppings you use, you may want to precook them, since this is just a broil. I pre-cooked the onions and peppers a bit by sautéing them in a pan with 1 tsp. olive oil for about 5 min.
- Place pizza under the broiler and cook just until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with a yummy salad!